Monday, July 19, 2010

how do you keep a bird from flying?

if i were to post our current netflix queue on here, there would be one blazing similarity among the films - 99% of them are documentaries.

one of my all time favorite documentaries is deep water.


we recently watched it again and my fascination with this story of adventure, risk, isolation, and love has fully returned. there are current parts of this true story that get me at my very core every time. the original footage in this film is absolutely incredible.

i suppose this film hits me so hard because - well we're all dreamers and we all want the best for our loved ones. i can relate to the women of this film in that i love someone who i want to always protect but who i also want to be free to follow his path of choice (and not of necessity or convenience). the recent discovery of a love for sailing also compounds my feelings towards this story. if you've never seen it, please move it up to the top of your movie queue immediately...

you can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...