Sunday, August 22, 2010

scared of worms

one year ago, my nanny passed away. she died in her home with family all around. i wish i could say it was peaceful - i can just hope.

i just hope that she's with my papa now.

not a day goes by that i don't miss her horribly. just look at that smile -




she also had incredible style. she was so beautiful and always looked so young. and get this - she always wore heels! to her, they were more comfortable then tennis shoes! this picture was taken when she took my 16-year-old mom to the beach.


here's some pictures of my nanny and papa. they were next-door neighbors and my nanny hated my papa. he'd always tell her that he'd marry her one day and he'd be waiting on her porch with her dad when she'd get home from dates! in the end, he won her over and they were together for 50 years before he died. ♥






on their 50th wedding anniversary. still with that huge smile -


and a few months before she passed away, my mom and i took her to madison, ga to show her the farm where j and i were going to get married. i am so thankful for that day we had together. even though she didn't make it to see us say our "i do's" i think she found her way back there on our wedding day, because i definitely felt her and my papa there with me. they are always with me.


lastly, this is the beautiful quilt that my mom and her sisters had made for them on their golden anniversary with pictures of the love birds, their huge family tree, and all their favorite memories (there is even a picture of my nanny's childhood pet skunk, fifi, on it)!


i'm thinking of you both today. i love you both dearly. thank you for everything ♥

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to read this one...still can't believe it has been a year. Your Aunt Sandy is a carbon copy of your grandma in some of these pictures. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful. We all miss them both. They will always be cherished. They were a great Sister-in-law, and Brother-in-law to me. I loved them very much.
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...