Monday, February 21, 2011

good news


today was a long day. although my company doesn't give us a day off for president's day, i took a PTO day to spend the day in the hospital with my mom and dad. my dad had to go in for an angioplasty, because he'd been having some scary episodes and the preliminary tests weren't able to show a certain area of my dad's heart. i wanted to be able to be there for my dad and i didn't want my mom to be out in the waiting room alone.

after some gross cafeteria food, some starbucks (chocolate croissant = yumm!), and lots of random and outdated magazine reading, we met with the doctor for the consult and then were able to go see my dad. the good news is that everything checked out great, but dad will need to take a few precautions going forward. it was such a relief and i felt lucky that i got to be there for my parents (and bring my dad a celebratory blueberry muffin)!

dad, i love you very much and i'm glad today went well. don't worry, we'll find out what's causing the other issues, but at least we know now that it's not an issue your heart ♥

[image via life magazine]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...