Friday, December 30, 2011

happy new year's!


what are you doing for new year's eve?

i love this amazing video. it's two of my favorites ever and i'm always a sucker for the ukelele!

we're hoping to lay low this new year's and spend it at our house with a few friends. typically new year's eve is my least favorite holiday because it's always underwhelming so this year, no definite plans are fine by me! despite the unseasonably warm weather, all i can guarantee is that the fire pit will be lit!

although i am not a fan of nye, i am always inspired by the coming of a new year. hard to believe 2011 went by so quickly! 2011 was a memorable year with us adopting townes from the pound, traveling to chicago, nyc, amelia island, weekend trips to the mountains, getting a new car (to replace the identical car trashed in 2 accidents that occured 18 hours apart), having my best friend gradauate with her masters and move back to ga (!), my friends getting married and having babies, and learning to swing dance. these are just some of the great things from 2011 so i can't wait to see what 2012 will bring!

i hope you have a happy and safe new year's celebration! ♥

"cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right" - oprah

2 comments:

  1. Great video and a Happy New Year to you! One of my goals for this year is learning to swing dance, so it is nice to hear that someone managed to pull it off.

    Also, awesome book that you are currently reading. Circle of Life is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Birthday in NYC - Happy new years! My husband and I learned to swing dance and LOVED it. We need to take more classes to learn more moves and actually get to a venue to dance one of these days! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...