Friday, June 29, 2012

birthday weekend! 28 goals before 29

i'm so happy it's friday!
this sunday marks my 28th birthday and i'm feeling great about growing older.
i feel like i'm in a really good place right now with my goals, my health, my relationships, and my career.
i'm embracing my grey hair and quiet evenings in with my boys, but i still love to dance and go on as many adventures as possible!

over a year ago, i started to make a "26 before 27" list, but fell a little short. so here's my new list of 28 things i'd like to do before i'm 29:
1. more date nights with my j (weekly would be ideal)
2. build 2 raised garden boxes in our yard
3. get certified to teach zumba
4. go kayaking with my best friends
5. spend more weekends in the hammock with a good book
6. girls weekend with my lovely ladies
7. lose 15 pounds
8. run a 5K
9. finish our backyard landscaping - more flowers!
10. make blurb books for each year that j + i have been together (aka organize our photos)
11. take a yoga class
12. travel to europe
13. cut bangs
14. build a pergola onto our deck
15. go to more shows (music + art)
16. buy some quality classic jeans that fit well and don't stretch out
17. cabin weekend in north georgia
18. pick back up the ukelele and learn at least 2 new songs
19. spend more weekends with my nieces - they are growing up so fast
20. research more about adoption processes
21. scan in all my parents' pictures and help them organize them all
22. have a set zumba class at a fitness center/ gym
23. more thrift store trips
24. more dates with my mom and mother-in-law (same for my sister and sister-in-law)
25. make more healthy meals at home (get out of my comfort zone with meals)
26. start a strength training regimen
27. hang up photos to make a photo wall
28. smile more and do as much as i can to help make others smile (volunteer)

this should make for an interesting year and hopefully by my 29th birthday, i will have completed all of these goals + wishes!
xo

[card via etsy]

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...