Tuesday, August 7, 2012

expedited view of the appalachian trail


as we start packing our osprey packs for our week in germany, it makes me wish we put on our packs more often for hiking adventures! it's long overdue and really peru was the last time we went hiking with our packs. after watching this video that compiles footage of the appalachian trail into less than 5 minutes, it makes me want to go on a 6 month hiatus and just go hiking with j + our closest friends!

to be fair, the website did warn that watching the video would make you itch to buy new hiking boots and it really did!

hopefully this fall we can at least plan weekend getaways to hike portions of the AT!

i'm curious - what would you do if you had 6 months to just go?

xo

1 comment:

  1. Nichole, I had to look hard. You went too fast, but it was very interesting. Only next time, stop every once in a while and give us some still shots of natures beauty. Looks like you walked forever and ever.. Did you see any Bears? I always heard if you are walking through the app.trl. you should make noises to run the Bears away. Were there a lot of people walking the trail. I couldn't really tell as fast as the film was going. I think I saw maybe three or four people.. Thanks for sharing this film. Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...