Monday, September 24, 2012

Savannah Getaway: Part 2 + Wedding

On Saturday, I woke up to a beautiful light entering the carriage house. I made some coffee in the french press and caught up on some reading while I let the boys sleep in. 
Aren't they the cutest? I am so lucky!
After we ate some breakfast, we headed out to Fort Pulaski. It came highly suggested by my friend Kristen (who we sadly didn't get to see). It was fun to get out with Townes, but the heat and humidity was a bit much for our furry kid. He enjoyed the moat and the jumping fish, but he wasn't a fan of the fort really (or the kids and loud noises).
When we got home, Townes was tuckered out. So we headed to lunch down the street at Sol Restaurant where we gorged on jalapeno poppers and then I had a fried hearts of palm taco with sweet potato fries. It was so not good for me (health-wise) but tasted amazing! 
After our very late lunch, we headed back to the carriage house to get ready for the wedding!
Our friends Shayda + Lockett got married at the Ford Plantation and the couple was absolutely stunning! The Ford Plantation was owned by Henry Ford and the property was part of 70,000 acres that he purchased in the 1920's!
They got married under a beautiful oak tree and then moved the party to the yard behind one of the beautiful plantation homes on the river. It felt like a Gatsby party scene.
All of the details were beautiful and complimented the couple so well. J and I really enjoyed the "low country lemonade" specialty drink while walking along the water and taking in the view. I enjoyed how handsome my husband looked too! 
We had the best time in Savannah and celebrating Shayda + Lockett. We felt so lucky to be able to attend their special day and that we got to spend time with some great friends. 

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...