Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Double Dipped

After I updated a vase for my office (see here), I decided to update a vase in our bathroom. The vase holds some dried craspedia from our wedding and was a bit boring.
Using some basic black + white acrylic paint and some painter's tape, I decided to give the vase a dipped look too.
I taped off the line that I wanted and put on the first coat of paint.
I ended up doing 2 coats and after it dried completely, I removed the tape. 
The lines weren't perfect so I ended up free-handing the edge a bit to make it look more even (it is hard to get a straight line with painter's tape when the object is round)!
Voila! I love how the grey ties the vase in to the wall color!

Hope y'all are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...