Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dirty 30 Surprise Party


Hello again! 
It's been roughly a month since I have posted. With all of the craziness of the holidays and work it was a well-needed break, but I've missed blogging!

Although this post is a month late, I wanted to share a magical event with you all! My sweet husband and partner-in-crime turned 30th last month. Despite his reminders that he didn't want to do anything big, I decided to throw him a surprise party at his favorite restaurant, Raging Burrito. I invited some of our close family and friends to celebrate. I had told him that it would be a laid back birthday of a movie and dinner. We first went and saw Silver Linings Playbook and I could tell he was a bit anxious (he had a hunch that something was going on).

We arrived at the restaurant right on time and as we made our way into the private room, one of the waitresses that we know says "oh you don't want to go in there, there's a private party of like 35 people!"

Go figure! We'd made it so close to have it spoiled, but at least he didn't have much time to process her comment before we entered the room to 35 loved ones yelling "surprise!"
It was so great to see J smiling so much! He said that he had expected to show up and have a few friends there, but he never expected so many people! It meant so much to us to have everyone there to celebrate this big birthday milestone.♥
My best friend and I had made the mustache cake (I used this guide for the cake) the night before and bought cupcakes and mustache toppers. I made the "dirty thirty" banner too. 
I am so lucky to have this amazing man as my husband and love every chance to celebrate him.
We are so lucky to have such awesome friends and family. We are also lucky to be able to eat RB burritos anytime we want to (I should note that the owner, Scott, and manager, Parham, were so awesome to work with and made the night so stress-free)!

A special thank you to Beth for helping me make the cake (you are a food-coloring genius) and bringing it to the restaurant. You are the best! Another shout out to Victor for helping us document the night with your trusty camera! Can't wait to celebrate your upcoming 30th too!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...