Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Toys R Us Children's Fund Gala

A few weeks ago, I flew to NYC for the annual Toys R Us Children's Fund Gala. My company supports the charity and since I manage the Toys R Us relationship, I got to go. It takes place at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. The above picture was the view from my hotel room on the 44th floor.

Since I don't attend many galas, I decided to bust out the fanciest dress I own. You gotta get your money's worth, right? By the way, I felt ridiculous 
taking mirror selfies, but I had to get some documentation of the killer dress.
Being silly/ cheesy.

The host is always Martin Short. Below he is suspended in air during his opening number. 
The surprise guests of the night included Paul Shaffer, Seth Meyers (!!!), Goldie Hawn, and Boomer Esiason. Eugene Levy and Richard Belzer (MUNCH!) were also there randomly.
James Taylor was the performer of the night and he sounded incredible. It was pretty magical when he sang You've Got A Friend.
"When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand and nothing is going right. Close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest nights." - Carole King

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...