Thursday, May 29, 2014

Work In Progress

Do you ever notice that the messages that keep you motivated are constantly changing? The things I take inspiration from are always evolving...like me.

For instance, a few years ago, I was really motivated by this quote: "a year from now you'll wish you'd started today." Truthfully, that idea still resonates with me constantly. Then when I started running, I would get geared up from the idea that "strong is the new skinny" (especially when I would start feeling weak mentally).

The last few months, especially when I hadn't been as active or as fit as I wanted to be, I would focus on the idea to "be forgiving of yourself" since I think everyone struggles with that. Whether it was eating too much, not working out for a while, or just being judgmental of myself, I'd try to remember that "it's not how you fall, but how you get back up" that matters.

Currently, my focus has been on the fact that I am "a work in progress." Although I've been feeling really energized, motivated, strong, and happy lately, I realize that some days will be easier than others. Despite feeling good, I also know that I can feel better (while also remembering that whole forgiveness thing). Life is always going to give you ups and downs, but the most important thing is finding peace and balance with it all. I suppose that the journey to being the best versions of ourselves shouldn't always be easy, because there sure is a lot to learn along the way.

After all, life is just a ride...
xo

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm definitely in the "be forgiving of yourself" phase right now, but am eager to get back to feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud of you and regardless of how you feel - you look incredible! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...