Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Deck The Halls

I have to admit that I've been very overwhelmed this month, so the upcoming holiday hasn't exactly been something I was looking forward to. On Monday night, we went to pick out our tree (we always go with Douglas Firs, despite everyone else preferring Fraiser Firs) and get a fresh wreath. When we got home, we pulled out all of the trimmings.

Since my Dad is Jewish and it was always tradition to light the candles for Hanukkah so I bought this menorah last holiday at Crate + Barrel. I love mixing traditions! 
I love our stockings, but sure would love to have a mantle and fireplace to hang them over.
The house smells incredible - like fresh pine and the glow of the lights feel so cozy. Now I remember why I love this time of the year (well at least the time with family and traditions, not so much the excessive spending and consumerism).
Isn't Townes the cutest? He is hilarious on Christmas morning - he loves opening gifts!
I'd love to get some garland and greenery for this TV console to go around the lit houses!
I love our little houses (and pub)!
My favorite part of decorating is all of the memories that come with each ornament. Like the ornament from our Grand Canyon trip this year or the "Rescued is my favorite breed" ornament!
What's your favorite part of decorating for the holidays? Do you have any set traditions?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...