Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend Recap

Hey y'all!
 This weekend was sadly cut short due to some work travel so we made the most of the little time we had! 
On Friday, J + I finally redeemed some massage gift cards at Spa Sydell. I had a great massage therapist and really enjoyed the sauna afterwards. I need to take advantage of my gym's sauna more often!
J took these pics of Townes and me on Friday night and Townes's face cracks me up - he's such a ham!
After our massages, we went to Sun In My Belly to redeem our ScoutMob hand-picked package (a beer/wine each, salad each, entree each, and a shared dessert for $39) - such a great deal!

 I had an awesome kale and avocado salad, we both had the wild mushroom ravioli with brocollini. For dessert, we shared a chai creme brulee (creme brulee is my favorite)!






 On Saturday morning, I woke up and went to Zumba and then we had an awesome omelet breakfast on the back porch (a must when it's nice outside). After breakfast, we headed to Stone Mountain Park to hike the 5 mile trail.






 Townes had the best time playing in the water and I just enjoyed the sunshine while sitting on this rock face!
 While on our hike, we found this arrangement. I love when people leave little messages along the way!
 We're so lucky to have this amazing mountain and park so close to home...


After a 2+ hour hike, we came back to enjoy the weather. I ate an amazing falafel salad with chickpeas, cabbage, broccoli, kale, lettuce, grape tomatoes, and cucumber + dill. Amazing!
 We relaxed for a while (Townes included) and I laid in the hammock and read for a bit. Life sure can be sweet!
 I finally finished "Yes Please" and loved it. It's such a great feeling to read a book that inspires you, makes you laugh, and makes you cry. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Amy Poehler and I should be good friends strictly based on the last line of the book (below)!
 We ended the night by making an awesome asian stir fry with tons of fresh veggies (asparagus, squash, broccoli, shitake mushrooms, onion, gardein "beef" tips, and brown rice (topped off with siracha, naturally). YUM! 
On Sunday, I sadly had to travel for work, but the rainy weather made it a bit easier! 
How was your weekend?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...