Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Recap

Hey y'all!
I hope you had a lovely weekend!
Friday night was a peaceful one. I took Townes on a walk and he kept wanting to stop and roll around in the grass. It's so cute so naturally I indulge him. Since I'm still not feeling well, I spent time in the hammock and just tried to take in the perfect weather and chirping birds.
 The knockout roses are in full bloom. I wish I had some honeysuckles since they smell so amazing when I walk the neighborhood.
On Saturday morning, I took Townes on a walk in the woods. It's the best way to start the day!



Afterwards, I made myself a smoothie and mowed the lawn. I actually love mowing the yard - especially when the weather is so perfect outside.

Afterwards, I enjoyed some more hammock time (I have to embrace it as much as possible before the mosquitoes are in full effect). 



On Saturday night, we went to Fellini's for pizza to hang out with our closest friends + baby Jake! I can't get enough of his sweet face and big cheeks!






 Despite annoying everyone by wanting a photo, I was able to get them to agree to a selfie. Worth it!
 J + I ended the night with a fire on the back porch. The sky + stars were lovely and it was nice since the night was slightly chilly.



 On Sunday, I woke up early and enjoyed some coffee, a new book, and some cuddle time with Townes. I look awful in the below picture, but Townes was being so sweet! We took a nice walk before heading to my folks' house.











We had a belated birthday celebration for my mom. Sadly we missed celebrating last weekend since I was sick and schedules weren't aligning. My mom wanted to take it easy so we decided to spend the day at my folks' house by the pool and grill out. The neighbors' cat had some kittens and Natalie brought them over. I definitely wanted to take the little calico girl kitten home!
 My lovely sister and me!



Townes's smile and my mom with her sister. So cute!
 The food was amazing. We had burgers (veggie burgers too) with corn, mac n cheese, baked beans with peppers and onions, and potato salad. For dessert, mixed cheesecake!
I think my mom had a great day which is all that mattered! She's the best!



 How was your weekend?
I'd love to hear about it!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...