Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Weekend Recap

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 
Considering it's already Wednesday, the weekend feels long gone by now.
On daily walks, bunnies are everywhere now! This baby bunny was the cutest (Townes disagreed). This is him after we got back from our walk and I wouldn't let him attack the baby bunny. So serious.
As like all homeowners (with yards), the weekend is always filled with yard work. This weekend was no exception. Our elephant ears came back this year and are taking over! I love it! Since they are tubular (no, really) they spread so if anyone needs any for their yard in ATL, let me know.
Is it weird that I love mowing the lawn? They say the smell of fresh grass clippings is good for happiness and mental health. True story.


I'm trying to pick up my ukelele more and get back into playing. Wish me luck! J + I took Townes to his new favorite watering hole. The hardest part is getting him to leave. For me, the hardest part is avoiding a million mosquito bites.
On Friday night, we lit a fire and watched the fireflies. We get thousands of fireflies in our backyard around the tree tops. It is magic and nothing can do it justice. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to come and experience it. You'll never be the same. :)

On Saturday morning, I made eggs with avocado. This avocado slicer/ seed remover/ cutter is the next best thing since sliced...avocado? It's insanely efficient (and from Crate and Barrel). My dear friend, Jen, came over and brought a freshly baked baguette made by her wonderful husband, Nick. It was the next best thing to having him there (since he had to work). Man has got skills.

Isn't she the cutest?

We went to the Indie Craft Experience and checked out the local vendors. I love the Georgia Freight Depot building that hosts the ICE event. Isn't it awesome with the high wood ceiling and metal panels?


Since we had a fresh baguette on hand, we made garlicky swiss chard, eggplant parmigiana, angel hair pasta, and bruschetta for dinner. It was so good! We had tons of leftovers, naturally.

On Sunday, I got to go celebrate my sweet friend, Shayda's, birthday! The big 1-3 (haha). The food was great and it's so awesome to still be friends (even though we don't see each other near as much as we should) since middle school! Isn't her little girl the most beautiful? Those eyes!
I ended up coming home and falling asleep on the couch with Townes. He follows me everywhere these days...
Caught in the act...
It's been really hot, but with afternoon thunderstorms lately.
Summertime in Georgia is really something else! :)
Hope you had a great weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...